Revelation is a prophecy showing the path of the just unto salvation. When first giving our heart to Christ, we see things the way the world sees things. In fact, we still have the world in our heart and to know the things of God are just not automatically there.
(9) But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
(10) But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searches all things, yea, the deep things of God.
For God to reveal truth through His spirit takes time, and much of what He reveals comes from His spirit through other believers. We need to separate from the universal church and cling to God’s people. Salvation happens in the human heart as we grow in faith. To place ourselves with people who know not the truth can bring ruin and destruction.
(1) And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
(2) And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
(3) For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. (This is the cry of God’s people to those who have ears to hear).
(4) And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
(5) For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. (This is God’s cry as He tries to save those who have ears to hear).
Babylon is a habitation of devils and foul spirits. God’s children would not be comfortable there. They would never consider this to be home. Truth is to die for.