As I read Romans 5:1-5, I am thrilled with amazement of the hope we have in our savior Jesus Christ. We rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
God’s desire in creating humanity was to give His spirit of understanding to those who have ears to hear. We, as earthen vessels of clay, can posses the understanding of God and be made into His image in our inward man. It simply takes a desire to accept His will regardless of the suffering involved.
God’s glory defined:
(5) And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD.
(6) And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
(7) Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children’s children, unto the third and to the fourth generation.
(8) And Moses made haste, and bowed his head toward the earth, and worshipped.
This is a description of God’s character in words as the cross is a depiction of God’s glory in action.
Salvation is to allow God’s understanding to come into your heart, then live it.
28) Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29) Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
We will be considering word meanings and salvation in the Revelation. Stay tuned!
Falling in love with God is much easier when one possesses truth. The God I was taught of, when in the denominational churches, was sufficient to help me through multiple crisis of life, but I knew, intuitively, there was something missing in my heart. The scriptures were not adding up according to the universal teachings of the denominations. All the television evangelists had the same basic understanding of the bible, just different ways of presenting it.
As I have investigated biblical truth, one truth stands out more than any other; God is love. Taking this truth to the scriptures, I have a deeper understanding of salvation, redemption, grace, prophecy, etc… I am convinced God so loved this world He gave His only begotten Son to put His love in our hearts, so granting us peace, joy, love. The mechanics of this salvation is, and will be, the subject of this blog.